Measles catch up programme launched
|31 Jul 2020 15:06 PM|
The Government is putting $40 million into a year-long measles catch up programme.
Associate Health Minister Julie Anne Genter says it has secured an extra 350,000 doses of the MMR vaccine.
The campaign will target the 300,000 young adults aged between 15 and 30 who missed out on the full course of immunisations as children and can be vulnerable in the case of a measles outbreak.
After having more than 2000 cases last year, there has not been a new case of measles in New Zealand since January 24.
Ms Genter says the Government is also putting $23 million to develop the National Immunisation Solution, which will replace the National Immunisation Register first set up in 2005 but no longer considered fit for purpose.Copyright © 2020, UMA Broadcasting Ltd: www.waateanews.com